Switch and be rewarded
Nationwide offers a number of benefits to current account customers
2 August 2012: In the last month we have seen a significant increase in customers switching to Nationwide.
Switching is easier than you may think and, for a little time and effort, you can get a competitive current account deal from a provider you trust. We guarantee to switchers that we will contact their direct debit providers within 10 working days, if not we will give them £100 as part of our Account Transfer Promise.
We also reward our loyal current account customers with great ‘Flexclusive’ deals. Read on to find out what we currently offer and how you can become eligible. After that, why not also tell us what Flexclusive deals you would like to see from us in the future? Post your ideas on our Facebook page here.
- Free travel insurance for FlexAccount customers. Our free multi-trip European travel cover* may be just what you need. This includes you venturing abroad or stay-cationing in the UK. It has also been rated 5 Star by independent financial research company Defaqto. Optional upgrades such as worldwide and winter sports cover are also available at an additional cost.
- Select Credit Card If you’re going on holiday then you could also benefit from commission-free purchases abroad if you apply for the Select Credit Card. What’s more, you’ll get unlimited cash-back on all sterling purchases. The interest rate is 12.9% APR Representative (variable), though it may range from 9.9% to 19.9% depending on your personal circumstances. Introductory offers are also available.
- Lowest personal loan rate Doing home improvements, getting a new car, getting married or just need to consolidate your debts? Whatever you need a personal loan for, we may be able to help with Nationwide’s lowest rate - currently 6.3% APR Representative for loans £7,500 to £14,999 for up to five years.
- Exclusive mortgage offers We’re doing what we can to help the nation move. That’s why we offer the Flexible five-year tracker mortgage, with no product fee, no Early Repayment Charges and free standard legal and valuation fees . For those who prefer fixed rates, we also offer a four-year deal that’s exclusively for main current account customers (early repayment charges apply). A £99 non-refundable booking fee is payable up front for both mortgages.
- Preferential savings rate Rather save than spend? Then our Flexclusive Saver may be just what you’re looking for. It rewards you with a Rate Promise to pay at least 1.50% above the Bank of England Base Rate until 1 January 2014.
Are you eligible?
All of the above deals are exclusively available for our main FlexAccount customers. Find out if you’re eligible:
Free European travel insurance
To qualify for free European travel insurance, you must be aged 16-73 and hold a FlexAccount with a Visa debit card (not cash card+), and:
- Complete an account transfer to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Account Transfer Service
- Have been paying in £750+ (excluding internal transfers) a month for the last three months
To maintain free FlexAccount European travel cover, you must credit £750 or more each month into your FlexAccount (excluding internal transfers). We will review your cover once per year
Other Flexclusive product offers
To qualify for other Flexclusive offers, you must hold a FlexAccount with a Visa debit card (not cash card+) and :
- Have been paying in £750+ (excluding internal transfers) a month for the last three months,
As well as rewarding you with preferential financial products, we can also reward you with great savings on top brands with Simply Rewards. Exclusively available to our Visa debit and credit card customers, Simply Rewards offers great deals with brands such as Play.com, Carluccio’s and The Body Shop. – plus many more. Why not visit Simply Rewards today to find out what you could save?
Service you can trust
We are confident you’ll love using our current account, as it has been independently rated with some of the highest levels of satisfaction on the high street2 as well as being listed as a recommended supplier by Which? (February 2012).
Being a Building Society means we have no shareholders so our only focus is you, which is why we are on your side. It’s as simple as that. So if you are looking for an alternative to the banks then look no further.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.