AGM 2016 voting closes soon
Don’t forget to have your say
12 July 2016: The voting period for the Nationwide 2016 Annual General Meeting (AGM) closes on 18 July at 11am – so don’t forget to have your say.
This year’s meeting will be held in Gateshead, Newcastle and we’re looking forward to meeting lots of members on 21 July. Those who can’t attend the AGM in Gateshead on 21 July can still have a say in multiple ways:
- Online via our dedicated AGM voting hub
- Through clicking the link on the email sent to you
- By post, if you’ve opted for a paper pack
Good reasons to vote
- You’ve got a right to vote – Nationwide is owned by you,
our members. As a result, you get a say in how we are
run and how we invest our profits. Your vote is your voice.
- You’re shaping success – By helping to choose who runs
Nationwide, you're shaping our future and the ways we
can support your financial ambitions.
- You’re voting for difference – We provide a powerful
and valuable alternative to the banks. Use your vote to
show you support this difference.
- You’re helping communities – Unless you opt out, when
you vote you will also be supporting a charity of your
choice, either Macmillan Cancer Support or Shelter.
- You’re improving our products and services – A vote
at our AGM is a vote for an even better building society.
Because being a mutual means we can reinvest the
profits from our success into providing you with even
better products and services.
- You’re bettering society – Last year, thanks to members’
votes, we raised £143,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support
and we’re committed to planting 40,000 trees in new
- You can meet the Board – You have a right to vote and
a right to come along to the 2016 AGM in Gateshead on
Thursday 21 July. (Doors open at 10am).